As of March 20, 2020 -
We have plans in place in case the water levels do not allow a full race course from the Jack London Lodge to the Jack London Village.
We hope to put a smile back on everyone's face after this crisis is over, and emerge from this better and stronger than before, and have fun doing it!
Let's envision the days ahead when we can gather together and enjoy being in the California sunshine.
To all of you, stay safe and healthy as we navigate these uncharted waters!
The Jack to Jack Yacht Race's Planned Schedule of Events
10:45 - 2:00
Jack London Lodge and Jack London Village
National Anthem: 10:45AM
(sung by Mayra Swatt with 4-plane flyover)
Heat #1: 11:00
Heat #2: 11:30
Heat #3: 12:00
Heat #4: 12:30
Heat #5: 1:00
FINAL RACE: 1:30 at the Jack London Village
2:30 Winner's Circle at the Jack London Lodge
Wine Trolley ends: 3:00 PM
There will be music and festivities at the Jack London Lodge. Sonoma Valley Wine Trolley will transport you between the two venues. Commemorative T-shirts and other JLYC items will be for sale.
• Only Volunteer Firemen and Race Officials (in blue vests) allowed in or near the creek.
• Viewing is at the Jack London Lodge Creekside and Jack London Village, Creekside.
• Porta-Potties will be available at the Jack London Lodge parking lot area.
• The Glen Ellen Village Market will have an outdoor BBQ.
• A special Race Day Menu will be served at the Jack London Lodge Saloon.
• Glen Ellen’s Sonoma Strong truck will transport the sailboats after each Heat, from the Village to the Lodge.
• Multiple kayaks will escort boats down the Creek along the course to ensure a timely race.
Jack London Village Activities:
• Squire Fridell (Gleynlyon Winery) will be the play-by-play announcer
• Beer Garden on the Jack London Village deck
• Historical Society Booth
• Yeti Food Court
• Schermeister Tasting Room specials
• Healing Center and Candle store display
B.R. Cohn did an amazing job setting up and providing our mates with oysters, wine, and a beautiful spacious area. Rob and Nancy Kovak, experienced sailors, gave a short and extremely interesting talk on Jack and Charmian London's SNARK (mis)adventures at sea. We hope to have our next Come Ashore! in the summer of 2020.
We had a hull of a time at our wildly successful annual Dinner Auction that was held at Viansa Sonoma Winery on Sunday, January 19, 2020
The Smothers Brothers
Eric Jackson as our MC & Auctioneer
We are so very grateful for all the incredible support and amazing mates. This fundraiser has launched a successful start and we will surpass our 2019 Grant Distributions in 2020!
All hands were on deck at the Glen Ellen Parade and Fair! Big O and a 1929 Ford Cabriolet were decked out in JLYC burgees and American pennants for the parade. Our JLYC booth was supplied with swag, videos, raffles, and apparel. We had many locals, members, and new faces stop by to say HI!
We had a fun JLYC float with members aboard. We had a booth at the park with 4th of July T-shirst, sailboat cookies, JLYC apparel, raffles, and Jack to Jack sailboats on display. A great time was had by all!
We distributed $31,250 to multiple community groups through grants and additional donations! Tommy and Dick Smothers (and Yo-Yo Man) were there to entertain and help hand out the grants.
Over 120 people attended the event and enjoyed chilled chardonnay on the sun-drenched patio of the Valley of the Moon Winery.